• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommend a good filter for 180l pls?

jueloo

Hi all,

Any recommendations? I have an Eheim 2026 right now for 180ltank.Looking for something thats going to give me better flow.
Was reading that 10x tank size is best so would need 1800LPH or more? Dont think my current filter distribution of nutrients and co2 is great.

It would need to fit in the skinny little juwel vision cabinet. Sorry not at home at the mo to measure it. but my current eheim fits in only JUST and has to be lifted over the hinges to get it in and out Something taller would be fine but nothing wider - skinnier would be great!

Thanks
Julia

could you fit two filters in there?

two EX700's would do the job. and you would have a redundant system.

Hey Nick,

no 2 filters no good, got filter in 1 cabinet, fire ex in the other, no room, so need 1 really good filter. Would prefer another eheim and then i can use same media, pipes etc. been looking at the pro III range but VERRRY expensive!

LondonDragon said:
A JBL CrystalProfi e1500 or an Tetratec EX1200 cheaper option!

Just been checking out the jbl e1500, but it doesn't give the flow rate.

I think i would be able to use eheim pipes with this ( and maybe eheim media ) but would have to check on this.
Can anyone confirm or otherwise?

It looks a little wider than eheim 2026 unless i could turn it round and put it in cabinet sideways.
Julia

jueloo said:
Just been checking out the jbl e1500, but it doesn't give the flow rate.

I think i would be able to use eheim pipes with this ( and maybe eheim media ) but would have to check on this.
Can anyone confirm or otherwise?

It looks a little wider than eheim 2026 unless i could turn it round and put it in cabinet sideways.
Julia

Its rated at 1500 lph, send a PM to Superman he has one of these. ;)

jueloo said:
Hey Nick,

no 2 filters no good, got filter in 1 cabinet, fire ex in the other, no room,
i have a TT EX700 + FE in one and a TT EX1200 in the other. although im guessing my cabnet is a tad bigger. my tank is 122cm long. but it does have a shelf between the 2 cabnets.

Rather than jumping to conclusion - Julie what are the dimension of the cupboard you want the external filter to into, then we can look for a filter with a good flow rate that will fit. If not add a powerhead as that will increase or flow rate and position your diffuser (if you have one) underneath the head - that will push your Co2 around the tank.

Regards

paul.

i have the aquapro filters but make sure you get the 'SP' models as they are alot better. mine are still running quietly.

Thanks for replies guys

Am pretty sure i wouldnt fit 2 filters in these spaces, as well as FE.
Nick, what did you mean by 'SP' pls :?

Ok, my skinny cabinets measure 23.5cm wide, but when the doors open they stick in a bit taking about 1.5 cm off the size of the hole. So realistic size 22cm.

It is a real PITA getting the filter in and out as it is - may think about taking the doors off and putting different type of hinge on. Would save back a lot of aches and pains! So could really go for filter 23cm wide if I did this.

The aqua Pro one does look very similar to the eheim. Eheim come highly recommended - is it as good?

Julia

if you look on ebay, you can get (for example) an AquaPro 1 and an AquaPro 1SP the SP is a better more powerful model which i belive is newer.

Your other option to boost your flow without changing the filter is to simply put a Koralia flow pump in the tank. This can give you a really good flow pattern for a lot less cost than changing or adding another filter.

I have a Koralia 1 in a 180l tank (as well as the standard Juwel filter) and it's just big enough; I think the Koralia 2 would have been better.

Superman said:
You can fit a JBL Crista Profi e1500 in the Vision 180 stand as I've got it in mine.
Take a look at the review I wrote at http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=e1500
If you get that filter you won't be disappointed!

Its the best filter that will fit in the stand.

Thanks for the link to that post Superman, just had a read. Did you have the door off to get it in? IF so, what do you do when its wc time?

jueloo said:
Superman said:
You can fit a JBL Crista Profi e1500 in the Vision 180 stand as I've got it in mine.
Take a look at the review I wrote at http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=e1500
If you get that filter you won't be disappointed!

Its the best filter that will fit in the stand.

Thanks for the link to that post Superman, just had a read. Did you have the door off to get it in? IF so, what do you do when its wc time?

Julie
having reviewed the attached veiwtopic, I would like to know how the screw was tightened up on the bottom hinge which holds the door is place, there is no way a screw driver was used + the door would not shut fully as the filter stick out passed the edge of the cupboard - see left hand side of cupboard & filter. I can confirm one thing if you are not running a external Co2 reactor, the filter would side futher to the back, which would allow you the tighten the bottom screw for the door hinge and shut the door completely - but would have to remove the door to allow the filter to come out of the cupboard.

Regards

Paul

Back