Recommend a plant!

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by rawr, 9 Nov 2009.

1. rawr

rawr Member

Hey lads and ladettes ;) I'm thinking about starting a new scape and wondered if anyone had any plant ideas.

I'm thinking grasses, maybe a Cryptocoryne - that sort of thing. I'm definately going to use E. Parvula, C. Parva (or another species) and a moss but need something like Blyxa that doesn't grow too tall (the tank is only about 25cm tall excluding substrate etc). I was thinking maybe a Sag but don't they grow too tall for that? It also needs to be easy to grow (no CO2 injection, 1.5wpg with Easycarbo/TPN+ dosing).

Any suggestions?

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

if left can grow out the tank.

e acicualeris maybe?

depends which one. i grew the aquafleur variety, which supposedly is small, and grew to 3 foot 8)

3. rawr

rawr Member

Hi Mark, thanks for the suggestions. I think Blyxa would struggle alot lunder the conditions that I have and Accicularis would be too tall for a foreground plant - I also think Parvula grows slightly differently.

I'll probably go for a Sag. I've got some in my tank at the moment and as long as you keep it trimmed right down then it's fine.