• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

recommend me a filter! please!

hellohefalump

My Tetratec ex2400 is leaking!! So I need to buy a new filter. I'm not getting another tetratec 2400, because to be honest, they are crap! They make tonnes of noise and they're hard to prime and like I said, now the thing is leaking!

I do like the flow I get from it though.

I have a Juwel Rio 400, which is 5 foot long, and 400 litres (100 gals). I'm running the standard juwel internal filter alongside the Tetratec.

I was thinking about getting the Fluval FX5? Has anyone got one? Are they any good?

Fantastic filter
Easy to use,easy to clean and fairly quiet
Only downside is the 1inch pipe but spay bars can be made
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't recommend the FX5 filter enough! Made my own spraybar. Run CO2 into the inlet. It's such an easy powerful filter and waterchanges are made easy with the ability to attach a hose to the outlet using the spare fitting they give you. Buy one, you won't regret it :)

The fx5 is a fantastic bit of kit gets my vote. Cheap to if to shop around

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

hellohefalump said:
I've ordered it! Got a good price for it on Amazon :)

ive just got an fx5 too, keep the L bend and spray bar from your ex2400, fits perfect into the outflow tubing from the fx5. right size too. saves having to make a spray bar out of pvc pipe or down sizing :D

ive just got an fx5 too mate, keep the L bend and spray bar from your ex2400, fits perfect into the outflow tubing from the fx5. right size too. saves having to make a spray bar out of pvc pipe or down sizing

Brilliant! Thanks for telling me!

One thing I learned last weekend was you need to keep the pump clean got full of crap and keepet blowing fuses. My fault for being lazy had it since Christmas still a rest bit of kit.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Back