• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommend me some plants miniscape

Abarth_1200

DC0A64C2-55EB-4893-8FC7-CBE14EABB87C.jpeg

So the above photo is my 54L dennerle tank, have started a dry start method with montecarlo, my lfs batch was grown in water and was very tall when I bought it, so i ordered some tropica tissue culture stuff too and planted that a few days after. I'm not sure if I should pull the lfs MC.

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations on some larger background plants, at least one fast growing to help with tank setup when I flood the tank. I like the idea of tall wavy grassy thick (vallisnaria torta?) leaves. I will be starting my CO2 adventure with this tank, and have a really good led light on order too. Tropica soil under the gravel/sand. Will be home to a betta and some CPD so plants need to be fairly good at warmer temps 27-28 degrees C

Looking forward to some options

Why so warm? Both species of fish would be fine at 22-23 degrees, and your tank (and electric bill) will be better for it.

As for background plants, I think tall grassy plants like eleocharis always look good in the back of iwagumi’s and seem to balance the scale and depth perception well.

Betta do best in temperature between 25-28, the warmer, the more colour, the more immune system, everything is better for them according to several information sources on just bettas.

Fyi my first betta died after I had him a year and his water temp was 24-25 so I'd like to try what has been recommended for the health of the fish.

Fyi my first betta died after I had him a year and his water temp was 24-25
I agree that bettas require higher temperature, about 27-28 °C, perhaps. But they don't live for very long, anyway. Two to three years is the norm.

Back