• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommendations of a hardy carpet plant.

Katfish

I am looking to do a carpet in my 6x2x3 tank and I think I will need something that is hardy or very fast growing.

I have lots of bottom feeders corys,whiptails and plecs (3 bristle nose, 1 clown & 2 Royal Plecs)

So far none of my plants I have already have been eaten.

any suggestions or is this going to be a case of give up before I start lol

Have you tried axminster or shag pile, or even perhaps astro turf. :lol: Only kidding.
I've always used Lilaeopsis spp. but given your specific requirements I am not sure that even that will work. :rolleyes:

Could try buying a large amount of hairgrass from a pond supplier (you can get 9x9cm pots for a couple of quid), plant it in whole pot-sized portions and weigh each one down with a stone or something hidden out of sight in the middle of the clump. Might stand a chance against the plecs.

BigTom said:
Could try buying a large amount of hairgrass from a pond supplier (you can get 9x9cm pots for a couple of quid), plant it in whole pot-sized portions and weigh each one down with a stone or something hidden out of sight in the middle of the clump. Might stand a chance against the plecs.

Thats a good thought thanks :thumbup:

Keep em coming though

I keep 7 plecs and Botia Kubotai in my ultra low tech 450l vision and I use cryptocoryne parva. Stays nice and small, is hardy and spreads via runners. It isn't fast growing in my set up at least but looks nice IMO.

Andy

Back