• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended 1200 tank

Miniandy

I'm looking to move into a 4ft (1200mm) aquascape and wanted to start planning. To start off and firstly I'll need a tank, but wanted to know what folk would recommend in this regard. I'd be looking for an open top aquarium.

I've looked at the DD Aquascaper 1200 which was my first idea, but wanted something with a little more height. I had thought that something in the order of 600 high would be good, I like the idea of the twice long as high. However, I'm struggling to get a tank at a sensible price (custom made units are eye-watering.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @Miniandy

Selling this Aquascaper 1200 tank and cabinet soon if the standard dimensions and second hand are of interest. Would be nice to see it go to a forum member.

Two scapes have been in it and should be in excellent condition pending clear down:

1647506665019.jpeg

1647506796899.jpeg

It’s finished in concrete grey which looks like grey oak, sort of goes with everything.

Just personal message if of any interest.

Just to warn you, 600 high will make scaping and maintenance a bit annoying in my opinion. I have a 53cm tall tank and that is the limit for what I'd want. It also increases the amount you'll need to spend lighting it.

There are marine tanks that are that tall, but you're looking a custom job otherwise.

And the height is also a big factor for calculating glass thickness in a rimless tank. The increase in price from 10 or 12mm optiwhite to 15mm can be eye-wateringly large!

Really useful feedback, thanks.

I may well go for the AS1200 to see how I get on.

Back