• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended External Filter for a 30L?

Michael W

Hi guys I'm currently saving up money, trying to get a external filter for my 30L shrimp tank as my current internal filter isn't doing too well and I'm not too happy with its flow. Do you guys having any suggestions on external filters? If anyone can think of a decent internal one please list it too, I wouldn't mind considering internals.

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

Hi all,
The great things about "Eheim Classics" are that you can get spares for them, and they are very simple. They just have one gasket (between the head and filter body), and the water goes in the bottom and out of the top, having passed through the filter media. They don't have a a priming button, but you don't need one, just suck on the outlet hose to get the water flowing under gravity into the filter, and when the water reaches the outlet hose turn the filter on, rock it backwards and forwards a couple of times (to purge any air) and you're done. I have an inlet sponge and ceramic/glass rings in the filter, this way as long as you clean the inlet sponge/exposed hoses up every couple of weeks you can leave the filter un-opened for months at a time.

I like to have double taps on the hoses (for ease of cleaning), but you don't need them.

cheers Darrel

Just dug my 15 year old 2213 out from behind the shed after a couple of years in the wilderness. Cleaned out the snails, mud and woodlice. Filled it with peat and LECA and turned it on - it works! Bombproof.

Back