• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended fish foods.

I use a mixture of frozen bloodworm, frozwn daphnia, and live freshwatater copepods. If I run out of these, 'New Life Spectrum' is a good backup flake food. I used to feed my fish on the flake exclusively, and got good colouration and breeding, but with having fish that only accept live of frozen, I find it most convenient to feed them all the same thing.

From the dry foods New Life Spectrum is good, also New Era and depending if you can get it, Repashy superfoods for fish have great reviews. These three are high quality foods. I've used the first two for a long time and definately can't complain, no one refuses the food, everything of spawning age spawns regularly and the fish have great colours, no issues with sickness.

All of these brands have all type of food for different species of fish, also available in different sizes and shapes depending on what you need.

Hi all,
I feed Micro-worms too and they're great! Ask on here if you could get a starter culture and try it out. All of my fish really like them even the ones that look too big to eat them
Grindal and Micro/Banana-worms as well, also Daphnia, Mosquito larvae and live Blood-worms. For dried food I use the Astax Red Crumb & Arctic Copepods (or decapsulated brine shrimps) from "TA Aquaculture" <TA-Aquaculture>. I've also bought some Earthworm and Spirulina flake & Wafers from "A World of Fish" <50g Quality Spirulina Algae Wafers - Plecs, Loaches, Cichlids items in A World of Fish store on eBay!>, and I'd recommend both these sellers.
How do you set up a daphnia bucket? Sounds like a good idea.
Have a look here: <Daphnia Farm in the garden...pondering.... | UK Aquatic Plant Society> & these 2 from caudata.org < Results from experimentation with Daphnia Cultures- Alternate Feeding - Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum> & <Daphnia>.

cheers Darrel

Back