• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended number of 1 2 grow 'hc' pots

terry82517

Going to order some pots of hc cuba tropica 1 2 grow but haven't the faintest idea how many I would need to cut up and plant most of my 90cm x 45 tank floor!
How many did any of you guys use in your tanks?
:)

I got 1 of these huge pots

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=161032970313&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=71980509010

and used a quarter in a 40 x 25cm proppergator 4 weeks ago. Another couple of weeks and ill have 7-8 x my original pot, not bad to say its just on window cill. A couple of pots would do for a dsm but a lot more for a submerged start depends how quickly you want a full carpet 5/10 maybe 15 pots. I put 3 small pots in a tank about a third of yours and that was only in the front half of tank

Ah brilliant, didn't spot those pots on eBay! Yeah going for a dsm so a couple of those should do then?
Wonder if they are as good quality as the tropica ones! Certainly more for the money!

Exellent quality, i was worried about quality till it turned up. i had to type aquarium in vitro then see sellers other items to find it.
The pot had split but hc was ok. I ordered on monday and it came friday morning
The jelly took some washing off, i pulled small pieces off then rinsed jelly off in a bowl of warm water then just layed it on top of soil it didnt take long. my mates doing his 3' tank and im farming it for this. Thinking about continuing and making our money back when we have enough ill put my weekly photos up so you can see

Day 1 immediately after planting
MSYtr9t.jpg

Week 1, not much yet
o2bQOXI.jpg

Week 2 , first real sunshine, growth has started and its started putting new roots out too
tSFksaY.jpg

Week 3 , 3 days sunshine 4 days rain
cB3ry1R.jpg

Week 3 and 4 days, today , 2 days sunshine and 2 days dull its really taking now, starting to put stronger roots down now
CRqs8kU.jpg

Sorry about iphone pics. They don't do it justice. The green is much greener in person and it looks a lot more yellow in photos. There was a about an eigth of an inch at bottom of pot where it was starved of light by the top half of plant. I dare say it will take much much faster with a good light and more regular routine. I've been cutting longer stems and putting them in the gaps. I put more in the left tray after seeing how much was left after first tray
KIsJmsW.jpg

left overs, I think its floating round my mates tank now.

Did u just seperate it in pieces the plant it in compost and just leave it on windowsyle?
I pulled it to peices and placed it on top of the substrate
1 tropica 12grow pot would be more than enough. it was on kitchen window cill and in direct sunlight from about 1pm onwards. I turned heater off and opened vent on hot days.
It was grown on john ines 3 compost which is loaded with nutrients

Did u water the compost before or give it a mist? Iv got a heated propogater thats all and just ordered some of the 12grow so might put half in propergator and half in tank

Back