• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommned me a regulator with solenoid

JenCliBee

In a couple weeks i will be getting together the stuff for the FE CO2, but theres that many different ones out there that i wanted recommendations on either.... ones you have or would recommended preferably links to the items please :)

This will be the first time setting one up so anyone that wants to put a list of things together of what i would actually need to complete it i would be most appreciative :)

thanks all

jen

aquatic magic, the sponsers have one, i will just find the link 2 mins,

This is what I have http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Regulator...ms=65:1|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:4|294:50 , been using it for several months now, with no problems, and as you can see it comes with everything you need, reg, needle valve, solenoid, and bubble counter, but you will still need an inline reactor or a glass diffusor in the tank
progress012.jpg
. Oh and a drop checker and 4dkh solution with some bromothymol blue, so you can keep an eye on the Co2 levels :D And don't forget the Co2 tubing to go from the bubble counter to the diffusor. Why don't you put a post in the For Sale/Wanted section and see if anyone has a spare one they want to sell ;) And definately check out this thread http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266 and the others about Co2 in the Tutorials section.

Hi Jen,the ones i have always used are aquamedic reg and solenoid,or D&D reg and solenoid,both have never let me down,they are available from Tgm and Ae,they cost a fair bit but the aquamedic ones are top notch,its like anything,you get what you payfor,
regards john.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions :), the aquatic magic one to me seems a little steep in price for somethink that doesnt look the best quality, price isnt really an issue but i would like to get the best for what im going to pay, i want just a basic reg with sol or even just a reg on its own solenoid isnt a must.

Other stuff is pretty much all got, just need the diffuser and one of them stop valve thingies lol.

But theres so many different reg's around i was just wondering is paying £100 much different to paying £40?, once its on, its on..... only time it be touched is to refill the extinguisher.

Excellent tutorial Aaron :)

all suggestions welcomed.

Thankyou all so far that have taken the time to reply :)

jen

The best one many found has been the lunapet regulator, my aquatic magic one feels cheap compared and the needle valve is no where near as sensitive. You can get the reg, solenoid, pipe bubble counter the job lot for about £80 and it's all to the much higher german standards.

Garuf said:
The best one many found has been the lunapet regulator, my aquatic magic one feels cheap compared and the needle valve is no where near as sensitive. You can get the reg, solenoid, pipe bubble counter the job lot for about £80 and it's all to the much higher german standards.

Thanks m8, but would somethink like this work?....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dual-Gauge-CO...66:2|39:1|72:1688|240:1318|301:1|293:2|294:50

If so does this include a needle valve?, what else would this one need to be comeplete to use on a FE

thanks jen

Lunapet gets my vote too, although I haven`t checked their site out for a good while.

Dave.

According to my list I've tried 8 types of regulator. And the lunapet has been entirely faultless. Unlike my D&D which leaked like a colander. The aquatic magic one is good enough, does the job for the price but it's just not lunapet.

cheers for all the advvice guys, may well be lunapet itself then lol..... still though would the link i posted previusly be ok to use?, and what else would be needed to add to it for it to be fully fuctional?

jen

Just another idea, bought myself a Wave reg and solenoid in febuary and its been absolutely faultless so far. To be honest, the reason I went for it was because I was on a budget, and it was the cheapest I could find, even matching the prices of the reg & solenoids available from hong kong on ebay. Build quality is great too!

Only thing I have to say is this is the only reg i've had, so cant comment on how sensitive the needle valve is, as I havent tried any others.

Dave

Back