• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red Dragon Whiptail catfish.

Daveslaney

Hi seen some of these in the LFS look quite interesting.
Anyone keep these fish or any info on them? Have done a internet search and got a little info on them.Would a group of 3 or 5 be ok in a heavily planted 100ltr tank?

Anyone keep these fish
I have a small group of these L010a/L10a fish. They are fairy peaceful but do push and shove each other at feeding time. Love cucumber, dried foods, especially blood worn tabs. At night with lights out they are busy cleaning plant leaves. I have 3 or maybe 4, seldom see my fish all at one time. Tank heavily planted with cryps and large anubias as well as stem plants. Other similar tank mates are Otos sp. including 'black' Otos Hisonotus notatus and 'giant' otos Hypoptopoma gulare. They all get on together in an 275 litre tank.

I would go for 3 in a 100 litre tank. Try to have different horizontals so the substrate does not become crowded. Plants with big horizontal leaves as well as vertical leaves should do the trick.

Back