• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red kites in mid wales

John Starkey

Hi all,i had a day out in mid wales yesterday to a place where you can get some great pics of red kites,they were sooo hard to get a good shot,but i hope you like them and i know there is room for improvement,john.
_MG_2021.jpg

_MG_2306.jpg

_MG_2144.jpg

_MG_2124.jpg

_MG_2068.jpg

_MG_2009.jpg

_MG_1965.jpg

_MG_1940.jpg

_MG_1931.jpg

_MG_1883.jpg

This one is a rare white red kite.

_MG_1872.jpg

_MG_1812.jpg

Sorry it was pic heavy.

SteveUK said:
Jesus John, cracking shots! What glass are you using mate?

Thanks steve,the lens i was using is the canon 100-400mm F4.0/ 5.6 L is usm, a F2.8 would be better as its a faster lens,But its a lot more money.

George Farmer said:
Strewth mate! They're brilliant! Hard to pick a favourite but the third one is outstanding for me.

Thanks George,this has to be my hardest photography trip to date,the speed these birds are flying at is awesome,i was just in awe at them fantastic creatures indeed,
regards john.

Simply Breathtaking Shots of these majestic Birds.

Kudos on Getting a shot of the White Red Kite

Wow! These look stunning, what magnificent creatures!

Becca

Thanks everyone,it was lovely day out in the company of such lovely wild creatures.

Dan Crawford said:
Good lord John! Truly impressive shots, quite the pro these days, keep up the good work :D

I am working on it Dan,i am trying to convince Ann that i DO need the canon 500mm f4 L is usm,the stumbling block is parting with £4500 :crazy: .

Themuleous said:
You do yourself a dis-service, John, they are amazing shots :thumbup: :clap:

Sam

Thanks Sam,sometimes i am my own worse enemy,i delete lots of pics my says are very good ,
regards john.

Back