• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red moss (Caloglossa beccarii)

I grow Caloglossa beccarii VERY successfull (read; it's a weed!!) in what must be called "low tech/energy" conditions.
In my tests, this algae did not really like being "pampered", with high light- adde CO2 - high ferts. It really did much better in quite low-ish light, no added CO2 and quite moderate ferts. In the specific tank, I actually run high aieration ( if that's the right word?) because it is my "Shrimp-bank", seriously overstocked most of the time. Haven't tested if this airation is actually essential, though.
- and don't be too disappointed, when this red algae turns out to be a duller brownish colour, than what you see on most photos. It can/will vary quite a lot in colour intensity, from quite brown to liquorice red-purple.
More interesting and rare, than actually usefull...........IMO. Your birds-nest idea, sounds fun, though!! :thumbup:

Back