• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red Ramshorn Questions

Otto72 said:
Do Red Ramshorns multiply if theres only one in the tank or does it need two to tango? ;)
Also what ph do they need?

Think they need two, are hermaphroditic if there are two, bang will deffo breed unless you get a sub adult who has already tangoed 9they store sperm I beleive). PH, i dont think there is water where they wont be happy to be honest. PH high or low, Pretty hardy buggers. I see eggs everywhere in my tank :crazy: I mean everywhere :twisted:

read:

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/foru ... pic=1279.0

Thanks for the info, interesting read. One more small question, how easy is it to remove the laid eggs from a glass surface? Are they well stuck down? Can you wipe them off with a cloth or would it need something like a razorblade to remove them?

Otto72 said:
Thanks for the info, interesting read. One more small question, how easy is it to remove the laid eggs from a glass surface? Are they well stuck down? Can you wipe them off with a cloth or would it need something like a razorblade to remove them?

Never tried personally, but any flat object would do :thumbup:

They lay on every leaves more so then the glass i have found

Back