• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Redmoor Root Prices

BarryH

Just called in my LFS in Matlock and picked up a piece of Redmoor root that would have easily fit in a 30cm cube. I found the label with the price which was £75, picked myself up and quickly put the root back where I found it.

Is this about the right price for such a small piece of Redmoor root? I noticed on Wharf Aquatics Facebook page they were showing some really large pieces that were photographed on the back of a flatbed truck, no prices mentioned but at the rate of the other piece I found, I'd probably need a mortgage for a piece that size.

Redmoor root can be pretty pricey as I recently set up a big scape of it. IMO it's all luck to. In my country they label them at sizes with: S,M,L,XL etc. Sometimes a piece is labeled as S but could be easily a M. Then you can buy it some cheaper. Visit a lot of LFS and try to snipe the "good" pieces.

Although €75 should be a "big" piece. Bigger than a 30cm cube IMO.

Over here they usually go for around 20€ per kilo. Yeah that's right you pay depending on the weight which is pretty fair in my opinion.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I also meant to ask where Redmoor root comes from if anyone can help, which country?

Back