• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Redmoor Root - Waterlogging

sr20det

I managed to go shopping and get a nice chunk of red wood for my nano. Had to make a few cuts to get it to fit, which hurt seeing it was expensive to begin with. Anyhow on filling water the root was making for the surface, now I have managed to place a rock on it to hold it down, but wondered, how long would it take before I can remove the rock and the wood stay down?

In the past all the wood I have bought has come from the water and went down immediately. So not familair on how long it would take.

Many Thanks

Re: Redwood Root - Waterlogging

Gary Nelson said:
Mine took 2-3 weeks before I could remove the rock that weighed it down.

Balls, i was hoping it was sooner, hmmm, looks like I will leave it as is for the next week or two then. Waiting for my filter anyway. But was hoping it was a few days. Thanks :thumbup:

naah its fine also helps remove any tannins stop them staining your water

hinch said:
naah its fine also helps remove any tannins stop them staining your water

Hmmm, tad late, I spent an hour attaching moss to one of the branches before I put in tank, so boiling is out if the question now I think :(.

It has a rock on it and no fish as of yet, and no tanins being leached, so I may just do a few water changes and add carbon to filter when it arrives.

Think it will be a month before I add shrimp in which case :( , Patience I guess, lol

Mine took about 3 weeks until it would stay submerged, and it started rotting after about 3½ years or so in the tank.

sr20det said:
johnski said:
Mine took about 3 weeks until it would stay submerged, and it started rotting after about 3½ years or so in the tank.

How did you know it was rotting? Break, first or something?

Mostly by the smell, but It started going really soft and broke down when rubbed.

johnski said:
sr20det said:
johnski said:

How did you know it was rotting? Break, first or something?

Mostly by the smell, but It started going really soft and broke down when rubbed.

I see only 3 yrs in the tank, woould have thought they would last longer, was this Redmoor woood also?

sr20det said:
I see only 3 yrs in the tank, woould have thought they would last longer, was this Redmoor woood also?

Yea it was Redmoor. I got it from AE.

johnski said:
sr20det said:

Yea it was Redmoor. I got it from AE.

Hope mine lasts longer so I hope, I got a piece of bog wood, not redmoor, which has been in tank for 10 years.

Back