• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Redoing my tank

fishkeeper

Ive got a juwel rio 125l and so far, its just a mess so ive decided that Im going to completely restart and redo it.

Here is a fairly recent picture:
DSC00354Medium.jpg

Here's the plan, please can you comment on it and see if its acceptable? I'll include prices aswell so if you know of anything cheaper online please pm me :)

Here goes:

JBL aquabasis 2x5l +1 bag of eco complete- £55
2kg Fire extinguisher- £2+£13p&p
Dual Gauged CO2 Regulator + Solenoid Magnetic Valve R2- £56.50 (Link- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dual-Gauged-C...ash=item160319528256&_trksid=p4634.m351.l1262>> is it ok to use?

Koralia (300lph hong king version) - £10
Drop checker- £4.50
C02 diffuser- £6

I think that is all for the moment. With concerns to the lights. The lights are juwel hi lite and they have been in there for jsut over 1 year now. Are they still ok to use? Because it will be a pain to replace them with their prices being £30 per tube.

I also have no idea what plants I wish to have whcih is a real pain and these will be the biggest cost of the project which Im afraid off as im nearly always strapped for cash lol

please comment on the list so far and help reccommend me anything else

have a look at jbl aquabasis. it is good for the 'bulking out' and then top it with a bag of EC. save ya a few bob.

would 2x 5l bags of JBL aquabasis and 1 bag of eco complete be sufficient?

Back