Reducing Tee

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by zed, 28 Nov 2008.

1. zed

zed Member

Does anyone know where I can get a reducring tee like the one in the pic, with the main section to take a 25mm tube on either end, and the off-shoot to take a standard co2 line?

21_5.jpg

Thanks

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

My local Maidenhead Aquatics sell reducers for pond equipment, you just cut off what you don't need.

BTW where did you get that photo from? That looks like the perfect in-line co2 injector!!!

Sam

3. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Bargain! why didn't I know about these before! (he goes off to hatch a plan, a plan beyond human comprehension, a plan so devious, twisted and strange, that he may not come back alive...)

Sam

5. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Shipping is $30 from that guy to the UK!!!

6. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

7. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Well done Sam. I knew I'd seen them somewhere over here. Tim has a load of useful little gizmos you can't get easily elsewhere and his Red Granular food is the best dried food I've ever used! Everything eats it; even stuff that is only supposed to eat live or frozen food.

8. zed

zed Member

Yes, that's the place and cheap as chips. But he doesn't do the 25mm one for my fluval fx5 pipe work. None of the pond stuff I've seen will reduce to a 6mm hose.

9. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

If you cant get one then another option is to get a 25mm straight connector and then add your own 4mm join by drilling a small hole and adding one of these 4mm Airline valves. Seal it with some araldite to make sure it doesn't leak.

10. zed

zed Member

Ed - now that's a plan! popped over to teesside koi and picked a up straight connector, and already have a threaded airline connector.

Thanks ;)

11. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

No worries; glad I could help.