• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Redwood roots

Kevina

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long to soak Redwood roots for prior to placing in tank, as I put them in and they are really bouyant! It is quite a large piece for a 5ft tank.
Regards Kev.

Garuf

I've known it to take anything up to 4 months! Some times a week. Have you tried boiling or baking it? It forces the air out much more quickly.

Kevina

I know that boiling reduces the time, but am not sure how to boil a two foot long peice of branch :?
Regards Kev.

Kevina said:
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long to soak Redwood roots for prior to placing in tank, as I put them in and they are really bouyant! It is quite a large piece for a 5ft tank.
Regards Kev.

i weighted mine down in the tank using a stocking with substrate in it, draped over the wood!

alzak said:
where did You get big sized redmoor roots??

here is a decent selection!
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... 38_320_324

Kevina

I got them from Ebay quite a while ago, 3 large pieces. But have only just decided to do a rescape. Tanks looking good now just waiting on some blyxa and crypto balansie from the green machine.
Regards Kev.