• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reefer to planted aquarium

JonJoe

Hi
Just registered on this forum as I hope to increase my knowledge on planted aquariums.

I have a reef tank which has been running for around 2 years and have been in the hobby for around 7 years with different levels of success. I do love my reef tank and it is running well and stable although I have a lot of automation to keep parameters stable and carry out auto top off and water changes.
We have redecorated our living room and I have a 60cm cube tank that I have never used and I want to set it up in our lounge but create a planted aquarium as I think they look beautiful and a natural look.
So coming from reef tanks there will be a lot of similarities although from a bit of research into lighting and CO2 there are also differences.
The tank I have has a sump and I am used to sumso I would prefer to run a sump although I am unsure if this is the best option on a 60cm cube.
any advice on setting up the tank would be greatly received.
thanks for taking the time to read my post

here is a pic of my tank, the lights are dimming

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 129
Welcome..
Sumps can work well as Kezzeb says, but they are most certainly not essential, use as little light as possible to obtain good growth rather than as much as possible!
Study flow pattens and how to measure C02 content but in my opinion the best bit of advice I can give is don’t stock any fish until you have everything else working in harmony = excesses C02 will kill inmates!

Welcome..
Sumps can work well as Kezzeb says, but they are most certainly not essential, use as little light as possible to obtain good growth rather than as much as possible!
Study flow pattens and how to measure C02 content but in my opinion the best bit of advice I can give is don’t stock any fish until you have everything else working in harmony = excesses C02 will kill inmates!

Thanks for the advice. In my reef tank I have very little fish as I prefer the corals more than the fish. This tank will be more for the visual rather than keeping fish so I would take it slowly before adding any fish. CO2 is something I am only just learning about as this is something we do not have to monitor in reef keeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful reef thank! Is that a Reefer 250?

Beautiful reef thank! Is that a Reefer 250?

Thanks, yes it is

Can’t wait to get the loving room planted tank running though

Back