• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regenerating Purigen / still smells like bleach

Samjpikey

Just a quick one guys ,
Soaked my Purigen for 24 hours in bleach followed by a 4 day soak in dechlorinator , as I couldn't shift the smell of bleach and It still smells like bleach , is this going to be ok ??
Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

I did use a fair bit , I soaked it again in a very strong dose of dechlorinator ,

Now it Smell almost fishy .....
What am I doing wrong guys ??
Cheers

I did use a fair bit , I soaked it again in a very strong dose of dechlorinator ,

Now it Smell almost fishy .....
What am I doing wrong guys ??
Cheers

I did an 8day soak as I could still smell bleach. And every day just squishing the bag so the beads in the middle come to the front. After the 8 days it did smell fishy so I used it and that was 2 months ago. Reminds me I have to do it again soon

Good to hear , if you placed it bk in the filter after the fishy smell so will I :)
Cheers

just a quick question how did you mix the prime with the water to soak? What was the ratio?

As per instruction " 2 tablespoons of ChlorGuard™, Prime®, or equivalent dechlorinator per cup of water" from seachem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used enough dechlorinator to treat 120 litres .... And I only used 1 cup of water ,
I'm leaving it to soak again tonight in the same ratio then it's going bk in :)

Back