• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Registered a while ago, finally an introduction...

Azaezl

Hello all,

This is the second time I'm introducing myself, I did a rather lengthy introduction yesterday which has disappeared so here's the short intro. I'm not new to fishkeeping but I consider myself a plant newbie, hoping that will change with your help :D

My current setups are as follows;

5G Tank, 8w bulb(I think), tropica plant nutrition+,Elite 5 stingray filter,
Inhabitants - African dwarf frog tadpoles.
after5g.jpg

15G Tank, fluval 2+ filter all fake plants apart from a little java fern & some moss balls
Inhabitants - 6 african dwarf frogs
frogtankclear.jpg

18G Tank, T8 lighting(1 x 18 w bulb), tropica plant nutrition+ & api root tabs, 2 x fluval 2+ filters.
Inhabitants - 6 C.Panda(panda corys), 5 C.Trilineatus(false juli / 3 lined cory) & 10 amano shrimp
after18g.jpg

30G Tank, ordinary T8 lighting(2 x 18W bulbs) & tropica plant nutrition+, fluval 305 filter
Inhabitants - 1 black moor goldie & 1 calico telescope goldie
after30g.jpg

35G Tank, T5 lighting,yeast Co2, tropica plant nutrition+, aqua pro 2 filter
Inhabitants - 5 C.Melanotaenia(gold corys), 6 C.Aeneus(bronze corys), 7 otocinclus & 6 white cloud mountain minnows.
after35G.jpg

So that's all about me, I've already recognized a few names on here from other foums I use, so hello to anyone who knows me and hoping to get to know those of you who don't :D

Sorry you had to do that and thank you for taking the effort! Glad you introduced yourself and nice looking tanks.

:D It's ok I was really miffed at first, especially because it took me about an hour to type out the original and the post about an unidentified plant I did afterwards which also disappeared.

Oh well hopefully this one will stay around a little longer :lol:

It's ok george, I'm fine about it, these sorts of things happen all the time :D I know what it's like to have a site go down and having no control over it(flippin servers!) :lol:

I think I remember the post you're talking about.

Your swords (if that's the post you were on about that went missing) were standard Amazon swords IMO. They are probably E.bleheri, or at least the plant sold in the hobby as such, and the reason one of the leaves is different is that that one was an emersed leaf that would have grown at the nursery.

As to getting some more, either wait a little longer and they'll probably bulk up on their own, or go back to the same place to try and get the same type.

Hope that makes up for the missing thread!

It couldn't have been an emersed leaf as the plant is over 12 months old and the leaf is fairly new(past few months), I'm just going to wait and let it spread more little ones and just call it a 'sword', I've looked at pics of bleheri and I don't think it's that, it's similar but different, perhaps some sort of hybrid or something, it doesn't really matter, it's growing so that's all that matters really :D

Thanks for the welcome :) MTS...yeah you could say that, I have 2 4ft tanks waiting to be setup and I'm always trawling ebay looking for a bargain :lol:. That's how I ended up with my T5 lighting, got a 4ft tank, stand, T5 light & fluval 305 for £47, sold the tank & stand for £30, now that's a bargain! :D

Hello and welcome.

I'm sure i just saw this tank on TFF. ;)

Azaezl do you know of any good lfs in your area, i'm just the other side of Peterborough so am hunting them all out. :?

Yeah you did :lol: well a couple of days ago, I only re-planted on thursday so posted some pics of them all on TFF.

Only place around here(well sort of, it's 20 mins away) that I'd recommend is maidenhead aquatics in crowland, I love that shop! My immediately local fish shops are a pets at home which is ok sometimes and other times I want to kill them for the state of the tanks / fish(they seem to go through good/bad phases), only things I do like is that they stock african dwarf frogs which MA don't and they sell clearseal tanks which are always handy if you need a cheap tank fast. The other lfs is huntingdon garden & leisure which used to be quite good but it's slowly going downhill to the point pets at home look superb compared to it. It may just be that they don't have any decent staff at the mo(I know they were looking for a manager & 2 assistants for aquatics) so the tanks / fish may have suffered slightly due to inexperienced staff keeping them going as best they could.

I investigated all the shops in the cambs area recently for practical fishkeeping and one that really stood out was Nottcutts Pet Centre, the staff really know there stuff and even advise fishless cycling(and have no trouble explaining it over the phone either) so you may want to visit that shop too.

Thanks Azaezi.

I'm only 2-3 miles from the Crowland MA, and they get most of my money, and they now stock Tropica plants which is very cool.

I'll try that Nottcutts out soon, my job seems to take me all over Cambs and Lincs.

Back