• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator Gauge removal.

webworm

Looking for recommendations of a a dual stage regulator to be used on a FE that I can easily (and ideally in warranty) remove the gauges from.

Most regulators the gauges are screwed in and I suspect their removal will immediately invalidate and warranty.

Biggest issue I would be worried about is capping/sealing the hole left by the tank pressure gauge, that is 800psi tank pressure in there, and any bodge/filler/cap is only a nudge away from becoming a 800psi powered projectile (+ the change of pants required due to the noise of 2Kg of liquid CO2 venting !!!).

Reactions: xim
Biggest issue I would be worried about is capping/sealing the hole left by the tank pressure gauge, that is 800psi tank pressure in there, and any bodge/filler/cap is only a nudge away from becoming a 800psi powered projectile (+ the change of pants required due to the noise of 2Kg of liquid CO2 venting !!!).

I got lucky when my cat knocked over the extinguisher under one of my tanks only created a tiny leak, which i've since had to tighten. Safe to say all my extinguishers are bolted to the stand/wall now.

Most regulators the gauges are screwed in and I suspect their removal will immediately invalidate and warranty.

I wonder why a brass plug with the same thread size as the brass thread nozzle on the gauge would be pop out while the guage doesn't??
There are regulators enough with multiple gauge options where 1 or 2 is plugged.. Seen them enough especialy in the beer cellar, where numerous regulators do not have a bottle pressure gauge and only a set pressure gauge. The co2 bottle is exchanged when the beer stops running, no use to monitor the bottles pressure.

Ok i also wouldn't use any ordinairy plug from the hardware store, they might not be fit for the correct tensile strenght.. I would contact a regulator service station to get the right plug and the proper high pressure sealent.. :) Or let them do it, even better.

Without the bottle pressure gauge you would have no indication that the bottle was low/empty ? Unless you count all your plants melting to algae as CO2 has run out as sufficient indicator ?

Why do you want to remove the gauges ?

If space is an issue locate your CO2 cylinder away from tank with long pipe, or use sodastream cylinder ?

You are absolutely correct.. I wouldn't.. It's everybodies own choice if they want that for what ever reason.. Broken gauge no cash for a new one.. I don't ask.. :) I just don't see plugs flying around while gauges stay fit and both are threaded equaly..

Just getting some opinions, I'm not thinking of running without gauges, just not with the gauges supplied.

Youve been asked twice why you want to remove the gauges without explaining why but now you say you want to swap out the gauges for another pair... can you explain why you want to do that.
This is like drawing teeth.

The question was quite simple, or so I thought.
I'm not keen on the style of gauges provided currently with Co2 regs and wanted to gauge opinion on how easy it would be to replace / remove.
So in summary, and after a little further research on-line it looks like replacement / removal won't be too much of an issue, just a case of making sure any fittings used are specified for the job.

Back