• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator Leak Repair

Anyone ever pulled a reg apart? Just found a leak on this solenoid inlet connection. I'm a little nervous about pulling it apart just Incase I don't put it back correctly and end up shooting the thing across the room at 200mph when I repressurise.

eqabubeh.jpg

Looks like you can just twist it right off? The silvery block is just the solenoid by the looks of it, so you're not actually opening up any of the inner workings. If it leaks there it's probably due to a faulty o-ring, washer or grommet or something like that. You can take it apart, replace the faulty bit and put it back together.
I recall reading you shouldn't use the white PTFE tape to fix leaks like this... although your solenoid is probably mounted after the regulator and only has to deal with low pressure, it's still better not to use it. Covering 1 broken part by using something else will only get you so far. Better replace the right part ;)

Put a spanner on it and tighten it a little more. If it leaks again take it apart, some have an aluminum gasket others have thread seal locktight 243 thread lock will do the job I've put fittings into pressure vessles with it. Normal ptfe tape is no good for gas fittings but you can buy ptfe for gas.
I'd use threadlock its more reliable

Back