• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator making me hulk out!!

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hey folks, need a little help. Im trying to get my co2 running again and its making me mad, it wont come out. So i thought it may be the solenloid but not so as i have remove it now..
When i attach the reg it shows 75 bar bottle pressure and 3 bar reg pressure however the reg wont let that 3 bar out. As the reg has been unused for the last month or so is it likely it has 'dried shut' so to speak? When i remove the reg the 75bar drops to 0 but reg pressure stays at 3bar so isnt releasing anything.....
If i remove the needle valve that is part of the dennerle profi2000 reg there is a little yellow diaphragm, so i turned on the gas and nothing is released even if i manually press down on the diaphragm.

I know reg issues are difficult to diagnose online but if anyone has some advise im more than happy to receive it before i smash it up with a hammer and buy a new one.
thanks

looks like this, needle valve on top, variable pressure on left if it helps at all...
Google Image Result for http://www.qsl.net/dl3ncw/pictures/100_0469.JPG

ive taken the solenoid off and still nothing :(
so i have now taken it to pieces and there is surprisingly nothing inside, aside from a little 'nipple' that is part of the diaphragm that i can see on the 'outlet' to the needle valve. This is very soft plastic which i have no idea what it does and a quick google search doesnt help.
Its now back in one piece, i think, and still the same result, 1st stage and second stage are working as they are supposed to so can only be the little nipple thing.
Its going in the bin any way so i'll pull out what ever it is and see what happens, im starting to think its not meant to be there but it didnt magically appear?!
IMG_4080_zps3f42cbd4.jpg
IMG_4079_zpsc0263451.jpg

solenoids can go open circuit. it may be worth testing with a multi meter set on ohms. I'm not sure what he resistance of the coil should be, but if it shows 0 ohms then at least you'll know that bit is kaput. I used to have pneumatic suspension on a vehicle and the solenoids on that were always packing in.

thanks for the help guys, i went for the heavy handed approach and picked out what ever it was with a small screwdriver and it was actually quite thick and hard underneath, reassembled it and now all is working as it should :confused: :D happy days as i already had a new one in the shopping cart.
It will forever remain a mystery lol

Back