• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator not holding to consistent bubble count

Kezzab

Hi,
Wondered if anyone has experienced this and knows how to resolve it. My regulator seems to "default" to about 0.5 BPS. So for example, yesterday i opened the valve a little to take it more like 1.5BPS and it sat like that quite happily through the photo period. I look today and it's dropped back to 0.5 BPS, i've touched nothing.

It has done this at least twice before.

What's going on?

Cheers!

The maximum BPS of a given working pressure will be the limited by the atomiser/diffuser before the needle value is opened fully, so once the needle value is opened fully (or may be less sometimes) and the max throughput is reach for a given PSI you will be unable to increase the CO2 injected except by-

1.Increasing the working PSI (if your regulator has a pressure regulation)
2. Using a different atomiser/diffuser

On my 500l tank with duel stage regulator I only adjust the working PSI once I am close.

Thanks @Zeus. , but why will the BPS not hold at a consistent rate between photoperiods? The working pressure is more or less identical, the diffuser is the same.

As it stands, each day i would have to open the valve a fraction more to achieve the same BPS as the day before.

I've never had this happen with my previous regulator (before it broke!)
ta.

Is the pH profile good ? if so take the water out of the bubble counter and the BPS will be steady (or ignore the BPS), once you have a stable pH checked several/many times the BPS is irrelevant. The bubble counter in my 50l hasn't seen water for years.
BPS is only an indication of the inject rate it doesnt measure the amount of CO2

Back