• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rekord 60

Vase

I picked up a brand new Juwel Rekord 60 yesterday for the pleasing sum of £25. Champion.

I'm old school when it comes to tanks and I'm not really into these fashionable 'Origami' style set ups :lol:
Any ideas folks? I want to keep it low tech and I'm thinking dark Amazon basin with Lemon Tetras, or African set up with Anubias and something, well, African. Java fern and a shoal of Harlequins. Something different really.

:D

Nice price!

Great to hear you want a biotope-style. Only you can decide which one though.

My personal favourite at the moment would be SE Asian, with crypts and rasboras, small barbs etc. There's plenty of fish and plants to choose from so you can get really creative. With crypts you won't need high light or nutrients either.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Any more of those tanks going for that price? I need another shrimp tank hehe ;)
Well the filter in the Rekord is not great to be honest, I think thats one thing you need to upgrade, I also added another 15w tube to make it 30w (I can post photos of that, its a simple 15w arcadia starter unit and thats about it) to try and grow some decent plants, with the 15w standard you will be very limited on plant choice, but anubias and ferns should be fine.
Keep us posted ;)

If it were me, I'd go low tech with this one.

I like the idea of the dark amazon basin with lemon tetras, I think that could look really good. I don't know a lot about it though - what plants grow in the dark bits of the amazon?

I think black water might look really effective with the lemon tetras...

You could also do a mossy/woody thing with floating plants and keep a single male betta and some corys.

I'm thinking SE Asian with Harlequins, Khulis and the odd barb or rasbora. Got an empty four footer above it so I might save the tetras for that.

Too many posibilities :?

I think Crypts are going to be the fashionable plant for 2009!!!! Can't beat their texture once matured nicely

AC

Back