• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Remedial pressure after solenoid turned off?

DannyH

Hi,

I've recently bought a second hand CO2 dual stage regulator, solenoid, SMC valve.

I'm currently trying to ascertain whether or not it is functioning as it should (made more difficult by the fact that I've never run co2 before)

I have it set to a working pressure of 40psi. I'm struggling to get the SMC valve to give a consistent bubble rate. It seems to change slightly.

Also, when I turn the solenoid off there is no change in the bubble rate. I'm not sure if I'm waiting long enough for it to wane. Is it usual that after a solenoid turns off it takes a while for the bps to slow?

Do these problems seem to be a dodgy solenoid?

Thanks for any help,

Danny

Whenever you adjust the needle valve, you need to give it a couple of minutes for the pressure in the CO2 tubing and bubble counter to stabilize.

CO2 diffusers need a lot of pressure to work, meaning that the tubing can take a couple of minutes to loose enough pressure for the diffuser to stop working when CO2 shuts off.

So, if your difuser minimum pressure to work is, lets just say 30psi, then you'll see a few bubbles on the bubble counter until the pressure on your system drops from 40psi to less than 30psi. Like a tyre with a small puncture, it takes a while to deflate.

After your solenoid has turned off the CO2 supply to the tank, I would expect the bubble rate to drop to zero within a minute or so.

Back