• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Remineralising Agent for RO Water

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
To get 2dKH i need add bout 3,5g potassium bicarbonate to this, it's another 27ppm.
I must admit that was more of a potassium (K) addition than I was expecting, but I can see that the calculation is right.

It wouldn't offer you any control but could use <"Oyster or Cockle shell chick grit">, it is very cheap or you might be able to PYO shells?

cheers Darrel

jaypeecee

Im not sure they are adding them intentionally though John.
Hi Gareth (@Wookii)

I agree with the comments you have made. So, I also share some of your skepticism. In the previous formulation of Re-Mineral Tropic (RMT), Tropic Marin included chloride. If I remember rightly, this reduces nitrite toxicity to fish. I'm not sure if the fluoride replaced chloride in the latest (2020) re-formulation. One thing that I like about Tropic Marin as a company is that I can have useful scientific discussions with them. Without the sales pitch. Although they will not divulge the exact formulation of their products, they will provide ratios of some electrolytes/minerals.

JPC