• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rena Tank Lighting

Myrtle

Hi, my new (to me anyway!) Rena 210l tank has a lighting unit that slides back and forth on runners attached to the sides of the tank. The tubes are T8s, 1x30w and 1 which I can't read as the info is underneath and the tube is hot! It's a different colour to the other one. Anyway, with these lights, I only get 0.9 wpg and the tank is quite deep (18" from lights to substrate) so I imagine the 0.9 will be even less at the bottom. How can I increase the lighting with this "movable" set-up? The lid is 3 sections of flat metal so I can't attach anything to that...
Anyone have experience with this lighting unit?

If it's anything like the Rena tank I have you should be able to buy another slidy Rena unit and slide it in to the same slides as the current unit.

how wide is the tank? ive got a rena 300. its 1.2 m long. i dont use the lighting bar on mine (i use arcadia luminaire) because the tank was too deep for t8 lighting hence the upgrade.

Yeah, it's 1.2m/4' long by abt 40cm/15". Actually, I think I got the calculation wrong :oops: on recalculating it came out at 1.09wpg so doubling the lighting would give me 2.18wpg at which point I'd have to start CO2. On a tank this size, that's going to be too expensive for me at the mo, so perhaps I'll stick with what I have! Unless I've got it all wrong :rolleyes: ...

BTW any thoughts on "night lights", ie simulated moonlight?

Back