• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

RENA XP3 Leak

mlgt

Ive recently gotten some used Rena XP3 with my second hand tank and was shown it works etc.

However since installing them Ive discovered they have leaked all over my floorboards and Ive had to turn it off.

I dont have instructions, but was shown how to connect and top up with water etc. What seems to be the problem is where the top of the filter head is, the side has 2 vents.

I find that water spills out of here, or dribbles....

Does anyone have a XP3 and offer me some advice? Am I topping it up with too much water? Is the seal broken?

Please help :)

Sounds like you topping it up with too much water. It will pour out of the side vents if over full.
Fill the bottom part with water up to a good inch from the top, connect the tubes and try to press down the thing in the middle. If it doesn't go down easily you need to take the tubes off and pour in a little more water from the top (where the tubes fit in). Keep adding small amounts of water and trying to press down the grey thing. When you have the right amount of water the middle thing will go down easy. Then plug the filter in and it will start.
Remember when you start using the filter for the first time the outlet tube has to be filled with water. There should be a little screw cap that can be removed for you to this.
A bit tricky till you get it sussed.

I stripped it apart today after dinner and added the valve on the top of the spray bar as well.

It seems to have been sorted as I knew I had popped in too much water the previous time.

No leaks so far and its actually a very good filter!

Ive got a few Kois in the 240l tank and its really cleared up the water really good! Im impressed especially I picked up 2 Rena XP3 and the tank for £150 :)

Thanks for taking the time to help me with the guide too :)

Back