• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rena XP3 outlet flow regulator

jonshep

Seedling
Hi all
I wonder if anyone can tell me on the rena xp3 there is an outlet flow regulator, I assume this is designed to reduce the amount of water that gets pumped back into the tank. With the little cap removed from the top of the flow regulator air sucked in and mixed with the flow. However and this is my question when I have the flow on full all that happens is water shoots out the air intake hole is this normal? As I would like to be able to have the option of full flow and the extra oxygen for my fish. Is there a way to make full flow and the oxygen intake work at the same time.

Thanks

Hi Jon.

I believe the screw cap you're talking about is for priming the filter when you've just installed it/cleaned it. You'll probably notice an odd black funnel looking thing that came with the filter. I believe the idea is that you unscrew the cap and pour water down the hoses (using the funnel) to a) fill the filter, and b) fill the hoses with water. Then, after screwing the caps back on you switch the filter on and hopefully it starts the syphon action and just works.

I'm not sure it's meant to be used as you're describing :)

I know what u are saying but thats the intake to the the pump. I am talking about the the outlet side its a flow regulator just before the spray bar or power jet depending on which u are using I use the power jet it has a built in venturi valve I thnk

Back