• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Repairing a soliniod valve

billy boy

Hi
My wave reg/soliniod has started to make a very loud buzzing noise, But is still working fine, Has anyone replaced the soliniond part on these reg's before?
As the mrs is not happy about the noise, It took all my charm to talk her into letting me keep a 6.2 kg co2 tank in the living room :lol:
I may be forced into getting another reg,I do have a spare dupla soliniond so all i would need is a reg, But if i could repair my wave reg i think it would be better/cheaper.

Cheers

Really! Nobody ever fiddled with a soliniod before :?

If one of the golden boys posted this it would be on page 3 by now :lol:

Hey, I recently disassembled my solenoid as it had stopped working and replaced the 2 core cable with 3 core. Anyway got it working again but the actual mechanical part of it was a sealed unit. So you can only strip it down so far. You can buy solenoids separately and they screw into the side of the reg just like the pressure gauges. So you should be able to change it if you wanted. I certainly could detach my two.

However for the price of an individual solenoid you could get a pretty decent reg with solenoid on eBay.

Hope that helps.

Richard

My Wave solenoid was buzzing loudly after a while.
I found that the round black nut on the bottom of the black plastic solenoid body had come slightly loose.
I just tightened it with my fingers and it's been silent ever since.
When loose I could rotate the body slightly, but now it is rigid.
Hope that makes sense.

Doug.

Back