• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replacement Hosing

James D

I need to replace my 16/22 filter hosing and I'm just wondering if anyone's bought any that's slightly more flexible /softer than the normal stuff you get? I've bought a fair bit of it over the years and some of it can be very hard and rigid making it difficult to line up my inlet and outlet just as I'd like it.

Cheers

Don't get 'braided' it's very rigid, I'm going to get the clear type the next time.

Something that worked really well for me was to use a hair dryer on the bits where I needed it to bend, just have to be patient and heat it slowly.

there was a thread somewhere of someone making lily pipes (well, the crooks) out of plastic pipe/house with a hairdryer and bending spring, if anyone can provide a link that'd be good! can't find it myself...

My nearest MA @ Swindon sells clear,flexible hoses off the reel.
Don't know if this is a nationwide thing,or just this branch.

Use bends they make perfect mating elbows to help any kinks!

I bought some of the clear tube from MA, ditched it after two weeks as it was very easy to put a kink in it, the OD was very tacky and gripped the lock nuts on my in line diffusers, struggled to get the sealed, and it was even harder to remove them to clean them as the luck nuts would not revolve on the tube to undo, my opinion it is too soft, tried many types and keep going back to Eheim tube.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Back