• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replacement Juwel Lamp

johnny70

My Juwel Rio 180 is coming up to be a year old. I'm now looking at replacing the standard Juwel lamps, anyone changed theirs for something better.

Anyone know the size to look for of the top of their head, am at work at the moment and can't look :oops:

Pretty low tech planted tank

JOHNNY

If they're T8s, I replaced mine with Interpet Daylight Plus and think they're great bulbs.

You might want to look at the Lampspecs site for lots of choices on bulbs at good prices. They have quite a range of T8s as well as T5s.

My next bulbs for this T8 fitting are T6s though that are apparently significantly brighter, but will still work in the same fitting. I just haven't needed to fit them yet!

I think they are the T5's about an inch in diameter, and 895mm long.

at the moment they have just the normal 30w lamps in, don't really like them make the tank look 'warm' if that makes sense.

anyone have any suggestions on what to replace with????

Cheers
JOHNNY

Hi Johnny,
I'm pretty sure that if the bulb is 1 in in diameter it can't be a T5. The number after the "T" indicates the bulb diameter in 1/8 inch increments so that a T5 bulb is exactly 5/8th inch diameter. That means a T8 is 8/8th or 1 inch diameter.

Check the data provided in this thread for bulb alternatives: http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555

Cheers,

Back