• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rescaping tips pls

Yazhini

Seedling
Hi guys!

Pls find pictures of my 3months old tank below. I'm thinking of doing a bit of rescaping in center. Removing the green plant and add some rotallas. Worried whether this will change my tank parameters and cause any algae issues. Please help with some ideas or steps on how to perform/ replace plants.
Thanks
f05aefcd964ceb8b6b77c262785e8e52.jpg

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Nice setup .. I'm recent back in the hobby so I'm looking forward to responses as well. I admire your carpet grass .. I have a 25" tall w/ coarse gravel & can't get my DHG (Dwarf Hairgrass) to grow @ all w/ Fluval 3.0 46W .. Amazonia sub & CO2 w/ daily fert......

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi. I have had my tank for under a year and just finished 2nd re-scape. It's never going to feel right ripping out plants. Anyway Dave from Aquarium Gardens says it's fine. Just do a bit ol water change when you're done. It always takes me hours to re-scape! Good luck.

Hi, as above it shouldn't be a problem to switch the plants. You just need to do a decent water change to remove any debris that pulling the roots creates. Your tank is well planted which will minimise any nutrient spikes and I can't see any livestock (if you have livestock then the water change is important) so minimal disturbance of the soil shouldn't cause any issues as it's not the plants that would suffer from the substrate disturbance.

Back