• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resizing question.

tko187

Hi guys, i want to know how to resize pictures so i can send by email, straight out the camera the files are too big and take up too much space and take ages to send, is there a easyway to do this anyone?? Also i know that outlook express gives you an option to resize suitable for email but i am using gmail, i want the resize not to affect the quality of the pic. Thanks.

Thanks so much, saved me a lot of hassle, i take it i need to do them all individually or is ther an option where i can do a whole bunch all at once?

tko187 said:
Thanks so much, saved me a lot of hassle, i take it i need to do them all individually or is ther an option where i can do a whole bunch all at once?
Just hold down the Control key CTRL and click on the photos you want to resize (or just press CTRL+A to select all in the folder) and then just right click on one of those selected and choose risize and it will do them all in one go.

you gota canon right?...

menu,

quality,

select RAW +S ....S is for small jpeg compressed.

you'll get less on your card but with a 4gb card you'll still get well over 200 pics. ive got a 5d with 14million pixels and i get well over 200 pics with that setting. i dont use it though.

you can just send those images because there small files. from my 5d a small jpeg comes in at about 505kb so yours should be less than that.

sorted :D

Thanks so much guys, yeah Saintly i got a canon 450d, still learning, so you reckon i should shoot in RAW? Will the quality still be the same with the pic on small size? So what do you think, i should resize once on computer or on the camera? Whats the pros and cons?? Cheers

Back