• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return from reefing

StuMeg

Hi guys. Ive just broke down my reef tank that ive had running for the last 2 years. It was a really enjoyable experience but i fancy going back to freshwater. I kept fresh water tanks for 12 years before attempting the reef tank so consider myself to have some knowledge.

I will be using as much of my marine equipment as possible. Dont really fancy trying to sell it all and starting again. Ive got a 60x18x24 inch tank with a sump. I will be using 4 radion xr15 gen 4 pro lights.

I know sumps aren't necessarily a useful thing to have with planted tanks but i have a couple of neptune wav powerheads to create flow in the tank so wont be using a high flow through the sump.

I wasnt planning on using CO2 injection but will be using liquid CO2. I have used EI dosing in the past with good results so will be going for that again. I still have my neptune DOS that i used for my reef so will be doing auto dosing from them.

I am in the process of emptying the salt water from the tank and scraping all the coraline algae off the glass.

First question if anyone has managed to read this far... how do i ensure that there is no salt left over in the water when i fill the tank again? Or should i fill with fresh water and empty again to make sure i get as much as i can?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply mate. What sort of concentration of acid we talking. The tank held 475 litres of water after the rock and samd was added in the reef setup

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back