• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return to aquatics after a number of years

swackett

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice after a a few years out of the aquatics world.

I have just bought a new Roma 125 LED aquarium to replace my old scratched one. I'm using my existing Eheim thermo filter, I have co2 injection and am now using LED lighting (new to me I have used T8 and T5 in the past)

I've used Tropica plant substrate covered with a good 2 cm or so of gravel and have the following plants.

Cryptocoryne (various)
Echinodorus (rubra and ozelot)
Narrow leaf Java fern
Anubias (various)
Alternanthera cardinalis

The Crypts and Echinodorus need to get established, the Anubias and java fern do not need too much extra and the stems will also need to establish.

I've set the lighting period to 6 hours for now as I'm in the establish period, my question is should I dose liquid ferts and if so how often. I'm thinking the only plants that would use that are the stems as the Crypts and Echinordus will get most of there nutrients from their roots, is this correct?

Last edited:
This may not answer your question..... crypts thrive in my low light tank with little or no ferts. I inserted iron tabs in the substrate to get them started a few years ago and the rest they get from the fish waste. They grow so much that I have to remove plants every couple of months.

Back