• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

REVIEW: Beamswork 54 LED Aquarium Light

@smallestfrog, I've had mine a couple of months now and pleased with it. Dwarf hairgrass, stargrass, mini pelia, standard pelia, java fern, fissidens f. flame and spikey moss all growing well. I have just bought an 11watt clip on from a member here to speed up growth though as I'm really impatient but once the new moss is a good size I will take the clip on off and reduce co2. I would get a unit that spans the full length of your tank as it means you get excellent coverage. You can see it on my journal.

My Arcadia Ellipse light that came with the tank just broke and took a swan dive into my tank. Luckily it was not plugged in. All due though to a tiny bit of cheap plastic breaking. So, I've e-mailed the guy and hopefully will be getting one of these myself soon. Thanks for replying ldc :)

Hi all,
My Arcadia Ellipse light that came with the tank just broke and took a swan dive into my tank.
Snap, had the same happen last night with an Arcadia Arc Pod, again fortunately when it was off. When I had a closer look all the plastic of both mount and sleeve is crazed and photo-degraded.

The blurb for these says:
waterproof lamp acrylic sleeve designed to be totally waterproof to the IP67 standard.
I'd suggest what it should say is something along the lines of
the cheapest possible plastic housing and mount that photo-degrade rapidly before failing and electrocuting you and all your fish
cheers Darrel

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
Snap

Literally!! :lol:

While I admit being glad I'm not the only one this has happened to, I'm sorry to hear you are having same issues as me. Luckily I got mine replaced today without (much) hassle. Hope you can manage to do the same.

Back