• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

REVIEW: Beamswork 54 LED Aquarium Light

Bartash

This is a video review of a light i bought for my new set up for £29.99

The light came from an guy on eBay that sells freshwater and marine LED lights

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Aqua-Man

My Google+ Page:https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/100607725066297201293/100607725066297201293/posts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/plantedtankuk

Thanks for watching and please thumbs up, comment and subscribe

Carl

Bartash said:
Hold on before you buy, i had an email from the seller and he is going to be doing an offer on this range of lights. Im just waiting to hear back from him now.

carl

Great review mate, will keep an eye on this thread.

Ok the guy mailed me back he is going to do 20% off single units because of the review, but he is also looking for shops to sell units with great discounts of 6+ so if you know any stores interested then send them my way and i will pass on info

i just need to know if he wants me to give people his email address or if he is doing it another way.

so for instance the £29.99 light with 20% discount is about £24

Carl

Strikes me as too good to be true, it's potentially a bargain if we knew PAR data on it.

My thoughts too, prolly only around 15par tops, I stumbled across some par data of individual leds for people building their own hydroponics and they tested a "standard" generic hi-powered LED and found it gave about .02 par average, some produced an unmeasurably small amount.

These work great for low tech med light plants. Have a 18 inch unit on my 25 gal long works amazing plants are healthy and growing. Also have a smaller 12 inch model on my Nano 7 gallon very pleased with them. The price is great too.

From the mud grows a Lotus~
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I have been contacted by the supplier of these lights on youtube and he is offering 20% discount on the fresh water range of lights by contacting him directly

qoodeman [at] hotmail [dot] com

if you know any LFS that would sell these then tell them to contact him as he is willing to do big discounts for 6+

Just tell em to mention my review :)

Carl

Hey carl, great review mate. It looks like a great light for the price, especially with that discount. Thanks for all the work you are putting in with your reviews. :thumbup:

Would love to know how you are getting on with this light. I thinking of getting the 12" to go over a 30L for plants like Crypts and java fern.

Hi, can you let us know how your plants are doing? I've contacted the guy and hopefully getting the 24'' but he won't be back until 17th August and I'd rather know plants doing well before I commit.
Thanks

ldcgroomer said:
Hi, can you let us know how your plants are doing? I've contacted the guy and hopefully getting the 24'' but he won't be back until 17th August and I'd rather know plants doing well before I commit.
Thanks

I know its been a while but I would also be interested in a reply to ldcgroomer's message above!

Back