• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rheophytic orchid Borneo

IMG_20160801_232732.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] hopefully these
IMG_20160801_232639.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] work for you :)
Also got the classic non aquatic 'borneo fern' unless you think otherwise?

No unfortunately can't see any images..

Very nice!! Did the collector also say where and in what condition he found it? Literature says beccarii is non vining. Only could find one pic in it's natural surounding in mud bit had only 3 leaves, more like in rosseta grow form in shallow water it didn't resamble this plant very well. Probably not the same, maybe didn't pay attention enough, google isn't always showing what you search.. But in your pic it looks like it has rather epiphytic characteristics. Realy beautifull sp.

That fern is also very nice, indeed very classical looking.. I'm just a fern enthousiast rather then an expert. Only grew about 9 different fern sp. in my collection till now. This family is so huge, 9 is nothing. So for me that's a fern alright and that's about it.. Realy can't say much else than it's beautifull.. :)

It's being called 'cf Beccarii' by a few sources but as you say, very different to Beccarii.
Michael Lo has some images of the same plant online going partly submerged so I'm hopeful :)
This one was tangled up in an aridarum sp which is the only reason it was collected (accidentally)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's being called 'cf Beccarii' by a few sources but as you say, very different to Beccarii.
Ok now i get it, never looked it up before what that Cf stands for.. But it's means with uncertainty suspected to be a Beccarrii till further notice.. The plot thickens.. :couchpotato: Interesting.. :)

I experience in my garden some marginal bog plants at the pond, just grow on with portions of it submersed on it's own.. One of them is relatively known as aquariumplant the Lysimachia nummularia.. The bog pimpernel and the Mazus reptans does that too, with the bog pimpernel ive tried and it does ok too, trimmed of these submersed part and grew them on submersed, while emersed developed form gets in to trouble if put submersed.. Whit the mazus reptans i didn't try yet but i expect it to do equaly as well, i see a lot of stems submersed in the pond. I gues for reophytic tropicals goes the same, if planted in a paludarium or open top tank at the waters edge with at least it's leaves emersed and just let it grow. What grows on and develops submersed is submersed form obviously. Problem is if it's a slow grower you might need some patience and not drown it to soon with force.. Well if it grows as his big nephew the Monstera it might be a fast grower.. Lets hope so.. :thumbup:

Mazus certainly looks to have potential if it grows well :)
Trying to get some of the more obscure stuff now. I feel like I've done buce to death but I like the random mosses and other plants you get in the clumps. Always exciting :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back