• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rhinox 2000 for 260l tank

lee

Seedling
i have a fluval osaka 260l tank,39 inch long,24 inch high,i have a reactor in there at the moment running at about 4 to 5 bps,but i dont like the look of it, it looks ugly,so iv just ordered a diffuser of AE,i tryed to get the rhinox 5000 but it was out of stock so i had to settle with the 2000,my question is will it be able to handle the bps and the size of my tank and will there be more co2 loss than a reactor....

i wouldn't worry. i use undersized diffusers on my 120cm (240l) with no probs. just up the rate, and point the outflow and korolia at it to transport it around the tank.

i also use the Rhinox 2000 on my 120cm (240L) tank. Works like a charm. Just need a flow to spread this. I also used this earlier with Korallia.

However i wonder about the 4-5 bps. I have 2-3 on my tank and this is just 20 litres smaller than yours. Maybe the bubble counters makes this but as far as i know for a tank like this 3 bubble per second is something which is enough.

i have a well planted tank. i also replaced an internal reactor earlier (Aqua-Medic). Diffuser is nice you just need to clean it frequently. Get a liquid for that. (ADA Superge or something)

my tank:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... 9/sizes/l/

Bubbles come in different sizes, bubble counters differ. What you need is a drop checker (with 4dkh) to see what CO2 is actually in your tank water.

I've used a nano diffuser on my 4ft 250lt before with no problems. The whole diffuser size thing is a misnomer, whats really important is the way the co2 is diffused, i.e. do the bubble get sucked into the filter? Is the diffuser positioned below the outlet of the filter. Getting these right is far more important than the size of the diffuser.

Sam

would you advise putting the diffuser under the intake pipe or just at one end of the tank,i was thinking of puting it under the korolia

Back