• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Riccia carpet...

nisharific

Seedling
Hi there,
I tried to make a riccia carpet by putting them on a wire mesh and wrapped it around with a plant net. It gre really well and and thinck but now my Amano shrimp are kinda really huge and they together with my Red Tail shark are pulliing out the riccia. I find huge clumps of riccia floating every morning and the carpets are almost bare. Any ADVICE as to what I can do will be appreciated.

P.s. I have 3 pots of hair grass.. Can any one tell me how I should plant them. seperate them or al together?

Hi

I cant help on the riccia I'm afraid, but the hairgrass is best separated into as close to individual stems as you can be bothered to do, and planted like that :D You can also trim the roots back to about 15mm, and (if you want to) trim the shoots back to about 20mm too. This will promote new growth. You can see my planting of it in my nano here:

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5017&start=20

Though I did thin it out further in the end :D

Tony

Thanks for the advice... Also I rea you had some problems with algae in ur discus tank. I have Black Brush Algae .. any advice as to how I can get rid of em? Also not to be cheeky but would I be able to get some rotalla wallichi cuttings if you ever get the chance. I would greatly appreiciate it.
Thanks

Back