• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

riccia issues

Mark Evans

Expert
anyone know of riccia issuse when overdosing excel or carbo? my riccia in the henge is dying with no reason for it everything else is fine. i fear if it goes too far the cape is dead!

Dunno mate, i have some in my iwigumi mixed in between blyxia and HC. Some of it is great and a dam weed if i'm honest whilst some of the other stuff goes dark green and kind of melts. I've never worried coz i have so much of it, so i can't really give you am answer except i don't dose excel or easy carbo in that tank.

its starange, it is melting at quite a rate now. ive NEVER had issues before. im realy fearing for the scape now :? i need a crying smiley

so thats it then, the henge is dead and buried. im going to be left with big voids now. everything else looks so damn healthy too. oh well. the novice strikes back!

Sorry to here it mate. It really is a delicious looking scape. T. Barr speculates that in certain species Excel interferes with certain proteins that facilitate nutrient uptake through the leaves. Bladderworts, liverworts, Vallis, Egeria densa and a few others seem to be susceptible to varying degrees. Some are OK when dosed per bottle but fail when subjected to overdose. Most plants, like HC absolutely love the stuff and respond immediately. You might be able to save what's left if you do massive water changes and dose + CO2...

Cheers,

accident. ive put the stuff in an old tpn+ bottle. as i poured i squeezed at the same time :oops: alot went in. fish were fine. i didnt think it would do much harm...well it hasnt apart from the riccia.

of to TGM tommoz :D woot

Back