• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Riccia problem- lack of light?

fishkeeper

Hi all

On my 40l tank recently, the light was a desk lamp for 2 weeks which was poor because my light broke. Ive now got a new 18 watt light on there but my riccia fluitans looks in a bad condition, its a really pale green color when all my other plants are a lush green.
Is this a lighting problem or will the riccia die? Im going away for 2 weeks on thursday so is it better to take it out because its going to die?

I'm guessing here, but I'd say there is a lack of a particular micronutrient (or macronutrient). I not going to suggest which ones as I'm still trying to remember them all but the connoisseur's will soon post something helpful up.
I would remove them if you are going to be away for a while just to be on the safe side, then there's one less thing to worry about.

Good Luck.

fishkeeper said:
Hi all

On my 40l tank recently, the light was a desk lamp for 2 weeks which was poor because my light broke. Ive now got a new 18 watt light on there but my riccia fluitans looks in a bad condition, its a really pale green color when all my other plants are a lush green.
Is this a lighting problem or will the riccia die? Im going away for 2 weeks on thursday so is it better to take it out because its going to die?

What was the condition of the riccia before the light failed - because according to Tropica, riccia will survive in low - very high light attached is a short cut to tropica index card for riccia, review the index card and tick off the growing parameters ie temp - thats ok etc, one thing that is does say is that it like Co2 - you havn't said whether you are adding Co2 or what fertz you are adding and quantities anyway have a read.

http://www.tropica.com/productcard.asp?id=001

Regards
paul.

Riccia is possible in any low light (within reason) IF Co2 is injected. If not then it needs to be at the surface to get enough CO2.

Not a highlight need 'plant' IMO :)

AC

Back