• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

riccia query - pics included

jonnyf84

Hi, i could do with some opinions on this riccia, as you can see i have used net to tie down the riccia to a few of the stones/wood and thread to tie the others. The thread technique was planted 3 weeks ago and it looks ok but the net technique was planted 1 week ago but it doesn't look too good. What do you guys think?

Necessary Info:
125L
CO2 injection (pressurised, 2.5bps (25ppm))
TPN+ (3ml per day)
EasyCarbo (2.5ml per day)
T5 Lighting (7 hours per day)

2zznk3o.jpg

2iqj20z.jpg

23hup15.jpg

29axoow.jpg

fwqhk6.jpg

e83d09.jpg

Hi
Your riccia is dying off because you have added to much,also your netting is too tight,remove the items and redo in a bucket of aquarium water.
The hair/bun nets should have a bit of give in them,for flow and light to penetrate.
Should recover though if left on the surface to regenerate.
hoggie

Easy carbo. I'm surprised no one else spotted it. Stop dosing it as liverwarts are VERY sensitive to it. Hope that helps.

Garuf said:
Easy carbo. I'm surprised no one else spotted it. Stop dosing it as liverwarts are VERY sensitive to it. Hope that helps.
I dose easycarbo in my tank with riccia and have no problems.

Odd, I used easy carbo to get rid of riccia that had found it's way into my moss. Worked a treat. :lol:

Garuf said:
Odd, I used easy carbo to get rid of riccia that had found it's way into my moss. Worked a treat. :lol:
Yeah got some growing emersed and some growing mixed with some moss near the gravel, on my 125l tank I usually dose between 10-15ml 3 times as week.

Back