• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Riccia, to try or not to try?

myboyshay

I really love the look of riccia and was wanting to try it.

Is it worth giving it a go without CO2 injection and very high lighting? I dose daily with Easy Carbo and Tropica Plant Nutrition+ with 70w of lighting 165L tank.

I'm new to aquascaping so I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question.

Cheers

Mark

There is no such thing as a stupid question, if you not sure just ask ;)

From the time I grew riccia it does need CO2 and high light, I am not sure about the effects of EasyCarbo on it, but have read that Excel kills it, so there might be a problem there.

You could try riccia attached to wood on the top half of the tank, that way it would get more light than at substrate level, but without CO2 I am not sure it will grow properly.

Thanks for that, shame though I think I'll give it a miss, any recommendations for a easy growing carpet plant without the high lighting, CO2 and grow tabs in gravel substrate.

Once I can afford it I'm going to buy a new tank with much better substrate and equipment so I'm not as limited in plant choice. (can't wait to start from scratch again, now I have a better knowledge base in Aquascaping....it's bloody addictive).

Cheers!

Back