• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Right now Im getting seriously effed off!

RudeDogg1

Right my CO2 situation or lack of as I havent been running it for days as the solenoid died and still havent managed to get another yet. I was also waiting for a bubble counter as i broke it getting it off grr. Well the new TMC one came today and its s**t its not even air tight so that leaks so no good also think my non return is leaking as i could hear a hiss around there but couldnt see any bubbles when i did the washing up liquid test. So i tried it anyway and the atomiser did nothing even when i cranked it up which i couldnt do very far befor the bubble counter started hissing grrr. So i hooked it up direct from co2 tank to atomiser and it only worked once i cranked it right up but not when i turned it down. Anyone else also think the reg is now buggered? to say im pished off is an understatement if i cant get it sorted soon im temped to rip up all my plants and dump the bloody lot!! Any help asap would be good. Typical that regs and solenoids that arnt stupidly priced have to come from germany and take a bloody asge to get here by which point everything will be dead anyway

My solenoid and needle valve was here within 5 days standard delivery 4.50 euro, you can also get express delivery for around 15+ Euro. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/aquarianerversand/ . Just installed their solenoid today it works great and needle valve is precise. I think both items are made in Germany.

Can't you get liquid carbo meanwhile?

Quite often, bubble counters/diffusers etc. take a good while to hit the right pressure when first turned on each day - for me, this means the CO2 through the diffuser into the tank can only start to show 30mins+ after CO2 is switched on via the timer switch/solenoid. Obviously, if I crank the CO2 up, the diffuser bubbles show up much quicker but this is a bit useless as to leave it at that pressure would seriously overdose the tank.

My bubble counter also seems to like emptying itself, so I've not used it in, hmm, 6 months at least. My solenoid is a £35-ish dual-gauge one from eBay via China, been fine so far - although it 'seems' like you need to really tighten them to the FE, it barely needs to go much beyond finger tight to give a gas proof seal. Knackered my old D-D regulator through over-tightening it.

all sorted now thanks to chilled lending me his solenoid and me buying another BC and a medical grade brass non return valve. I think the problem was a dud jbl non return leaking co2 and allowing water to syphon back causing the solenoid to knacker and my reg not to work properly. I put the reg on top of my radiator for a few days till my bits arived and now it works better than b4

I have had a jbl non return leak and ruin my solenoid. It then kept building pressure causing the tubing to burst. I returned it to my lfs who contacted jbl and was told that I'm the only one to have this problem.

Back