• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rimless tank options post-EA?

Well a further update for you all on the EA, D&D tanks fiasco, and I’m afraid its not good news for me. Unfortunately it appears that there are very long delays, and my supplier cannot give me any information at all on how Long I could end up waiting. Furthermore, he also informed me that the price of the tanks is going up considerably, and that D&D will not honour the prices of pre-ordered tanks Even when paid in full. To say I’m miffed is an understatement. I’ve been waiting 7 weeks to now be told this. I can’t blame the supplier as they are telling me that the information and progress being given to them from D&D is shocking at best.

Therefore, I’m in the process of getting my monies refunded, and now have the headache of starting again. Did anyone enquire further with Waterbox? As they seem to be fairly decent product. Really not even sure where to start without now having to wait weeks and weeks for a custom build.
I wouldn’t say it is D-D fault. More like the shop shouldn’t have taken the order in the 1st place, or EA should have honoured sales. D-D have been very clear since taking over the brand.

Saying that the supply issues and delays are frustrating and rather out of D-D’s hands #welcometothebrexit

I haven’t seen a Waterbox tank in the flesh, but what is the etched name at the top of the glass all about?

I wouldn’t say it is D-D fault. More like the shop shouldn’t have taken the order in the 1st place, or EA should have honoured sales. D-D have been very clear since taking over the brand.

Saying that the supply issues and delays are frustrating and rather out of D-D’s hands #welcometothebrexit

I haven’t seen a Waterbox tank in the flesh, but what is the etched name at the top of the glass all about?
Honestly I’m not sure, as a customer you can only go by what information is given to you, and I have no idea of knowing if it is factual or not. I would like to hope that they have been upfront and honest. Complete Aquatics told me that at no time have they been instructed to not taken orders, and that in the first instance when I placed the order they were just waiting for stock delivery.

Either way it does now appear that there are big changes for the brand EA, and that yet again D&D get involved with a brand and the prices rocket.

Honestly I’m not sure, as a customer you can only go by what information is given to you, and I have no idea of knowing if it is factual or not. I would like to hope that they have been upfront and honest. Complete Aquatics told me that at no time have they been instructed to not taken orders, and that in the first instance when I placed the order they were just waiting for stock delivery.

Either way it does now appear that there are big changes for the brand EA, and that yet again D&D get involved with a brand and the prices rocket.

The issue is this -

and this as an example -

D-D donot wish to increase prices unnecessarily, therefore delaying the relaunch of the tanks.

I want a 1200 cabinet (not the glass) and am also waiting and these are made in the UK. Mad times.

ps. EA is a separate company. D-D have just taken over the Aquascaper tanks, that is all. EA needed the space for their mega large filters and shop fitting things. The open topped tanks were small fry in comparison to these I’m afraid.

Last edited:
The issue is this -

and this as an example -

D-D donot wish to increase prices unnecessarily, therefore delaying the relaunch of the tanks.

I want a 1200 cabinet (not the glass) and am also waiting and these are made in the UK. Mad times.

ps. EA is a separate company. D-D have just taken over the Aquascaper tanks, that is all. EA needed the space for their mega large filters and shop fitting things. The open topped tanks were small fry in comparison I’m afraid.
Yes, at the end of the day its just frustrating I guess. Are you guys at AG seeing longer delays in ADA tanks being ordered.

Not too bad at the moment, but supplies are now seriously limited. The main ADA distributors in Europe are seriously low on stock, a pandemic thing. That is the main issue for ADA stock this month.

A 90-P could be a really good solution for you. The best glass you can get. If you donot need a cabinet that would be my choice 100% 👍

Have you never seen how the prices get increased when D&D take over the UK distribution rights?
Schego Heaters, Jecod Pumps, Jumpguard and AutoAqua products are just 4 in the past couple of years this has happened to.
I know everyone needs to make a living but if a product that was £40 is increased to £50 as they take over the rights then that's excessive in my opinion.

Well a further update for you all on the EA, D&D tanks fiasco, and I’m afraid its not good news for me. Unfortunately it appears that there are very long delays, and my supplier cannot give me any information at all on how Long I could end up waiting. Furthermore, he also informed me that the price of the tanks is going up considerably, and that D&D will not honour the prices of pre-ordered tanks Even when paid in full. To say I’m miffed is an understatement. I’ve been waiting 7 weeks to now be told this. I can’t blame the supplier as they are telling me that the information and progress being given to them from D&D is shocking at best.
Bummer, but I kind of expected something like this was going to happen... I was very suspicious of ordering an EA Aquascaper tank due to the fact that Aquarium Gardens stopped taking pre-orders while most other shops seemed to just carry on regardless...

(Still waiting for my A4L tank, but was fully aware of lead time when ordering.)

Also, isn't Pilkington Optiwhite made in this country?

Well I called the A4L and they have dangled a carrot with a 900x600x500 that they have. I guess that I can get away with the extra height no real issue from 450-500mm With my ONF flat one, but 600 wide I’m wondering if the light distribution would cover that surface area ok As my light is not the pendant type. Therefore, raising the light fitting is not an option.
Possible option depending on what you are planning on planting at the front. Many scapes I see are largely bare in the first 10cm or so; if that was the case then just move the light 5cm towards the back from the centreline and treat the main planting area as the back 500mm of the tank. If you are planning a high tech carpet right up to the front glass then this wouldn't be the solution.

Hi,
Has anyone been considering Viv ultra clear?
In Poland are highly recommend as per price is lower than ADA and quality is similar.
Regards.
I have ADA, UNS, VIV

The silicone is slightly better on ADA vs UNS (same factory, same glass quality but ADA has a patented silicone process)
VIV looked great in the shop, not as great side by side the other two (and VIV is similar price locally ... the ADA rep refused to order the tank :rolleyes: - much better than when he pretends to order and 2 years later mentions that he won’t afterall ...)

But isn't your contract with the retailer? If they're not going to supply you the goods you've paid for at the price agreed then name them and shame them I say.

I think Stuart is the director who will get this but drop them an email and tell them exactly what you think.
info@theaquariumsolution.com

Come on @George Farmer - with respect didn't you help EA develop this line and were the face of it?
My consultation contract with EA ceased in 2018 and since have had no involvement. Please spread the word.

Bummer, but I kind of expected something like this was going to happen... I was very suspicious of ordering an EA Aquascaper tank due to the fact that Aquarium Gardens stopped taking pre-orders while most other shops seemed to just carry on regardless...

(Still waiting for my A4L tank, but was fully aware of lead time when ordering.)

Also, isn't Pilkington Optiwhite made in this country?
Pilkington is a UK brand that use the brand name “OptiWhite”. Most glass tanks are made in China and use their own low iron glass.

These all sound like good reasons for those in the UK to support a UK manufacturer like Aquariums 4 Life, who are using another UK companies materials, rather than paying to ship an empty glass box half way around the world from China? A potentially moral choice for those that have half an eye on carbon footprint too I guess.

Been looking at A4L - shame their website is so hard to use.
Yes, not the easiest website to navigate, I am sure it puts people off. If it might help anyone, here is a direct link to their page for rimless aquascape tanks (without cabinets): A4L

On the upside their communications are very good and will definitely get back to you with a quote via email etc.

Back